GST Services in India
GST Services in India:
GST – GOODS AND SERVICES TAX
Goods and Services Tax is known as GST in short, it represents a form of indirect tax that is incurred on goods and services sold mostly for domestic consumption. In this method, tax is levied on the end-consumer. In fact GST is followed by majority of countries.
1. Mechanism of GST
a. GST Addition
- GST Addition: A business entity finds out the GST and adds it to the product cost and finalises the price.
- Payment: The customer who purchases the product pays the price.
- Remittance: The business firm after receiving the price remits the GST amount to the government.
2. GST in India
GST was implemented on 1st July 2017 in India; GST is a form of destination-based consumption tax that is applicable to certain goods & services. Except a few state and central taxes, GST is the primary form of tax currently practised in India. Tax across the nation is unified through the introduction of GST on the other hand it is also believed to reduce the tax burden. An apex committee headed by the Union Finance Minister that meets to recommend, regulate and direct in the context of goods and service tax.
3. Types of GST
- CGST (Central Goods and Services Tax)
CGST is the form of GST where the central government levies a tax for the intra-state supply of goods and services
- SGST (State Goods and Services Tax)
SGST is the form of GST where the state governments levy a tax for the inter-state supply of goods and services
- UTGST (Union Territory Goods and Services Tax)
UTGST is the form of GST where the union territory governments levy a tax on the supply of goods and services.
- IGST (Integrated Goods and service Tax)
IGST is the form of GST levied on inter-state supply of goods and services. It is primarily collected by the central government and later the state governments receive their portion of share.
4. GSTIN: GSTIN is a fifteen digit unique number assigned for the purpose of identification of those registered under GST.
Structure of GSTIN :
|13th||No: of registration done with the PAN in the state|
|14th||Alphabet “z” by default|
5. Documents Required
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- for detailed list of documents : CLICK HERE
6. GST Registration
- Official GST portal
- >Services, under the services tab
- >Registration > New Registration.
- On the Registration page, enter all requested details.
- Click Proceed, after entering the details.
- Then provide the two OTPs received on the email & mobile. >Continue.
- A 15-digit Temporary Reference Number (TRN) will be sent to the registered email and mobile. Note the TRN, as it will be needed to complete the filling of part-B details within the next 15 days.
- Then visit the GST portal. > New Registration
- Opt for Temporary Reference Number (TRN). Enter the TRN and Proceed.
- Enter the OTP received and then Proceed
- The Application will be displayed.
access Common Service Centres for GST registration : click here
However the Govt. doesn’t charge any Fee for GST Registration, in fact service charges may be applicable while making use of service centres.
for GST related service enquiries @ CSC : click here
- Mandatory Registration Applicable to
- Every Supplier; having an aggregate turnover of Rs.20 lakh, Rs.10 lakh for business in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Nagaland or Tripura)
- Inter-state suppliers; having an aggregate turnover of Rs.20 lakh rupees, Rs.10 lakh for special category States except Jammu & Kashmir on all India basis
- A person, receiving supplies which are taxable by recipient on reverse charge basis
- Casual taxable person; who wants to make supply, without having a specified place of business in the State or in the UT. Casual Taxable Persons involved in supplies of specified handicraft goods are entitled to a threshold exemption limit of Rs.20 Lakh.
- Non-resident taxable persons, who do not have a specified business place in India
- An Agent, if he supplies on behalf of some other taxable person
- E-commerce Establishment Operators, who provide platform for the suppliers to facilitate supply.
- Supplier, of goods who supply through e-commerce establishments which are liable to collect tax at source. Persons supplying services through e-commerce establishments need not take immediate registration as they are entitled to avail the threshold exemption of Rs.20 lakh
- Those e-commerce establishments which are included as liable for GST payment under Section 9(5) of the CGST Act of 2017
- TDS Deductor
- Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Entity involved in supply of online information & data-base access or retrieval services from outside India to a non-registered person in India.
- Cancellation of Registration
The GST law states two cases where cancellation of Registration of registration can occur;
- Voluntary Cancellation; when a taxable person no more requires the registration.
- Suo-motu Cancellation; when a proper officer considers the registration liable for cancellation with respect to certain pre-defined defaults like when the registrant has stopped doing business from the registered place of business or if he processes tax invoice without making the supply of goods or services.
- Revocation of Cancellation
If the registration is cancelled through Suo-motu, a taxable person can request the officer for overriding the cancellation order passed by him prior to 30 days of service cancellation order. However, before so proceeding, the person has to make the defaults good by filing all pending returns, making payment of all dues, etc. for which the registration was cancelled earlier by the officer. If satisfied, the officer will override the cancellation order issued by him earlier. However, if the officer concludes to reject the application for revocation of cancellation, he will issue notice to the person to hear him on the issue.
NOTE** COMMON SERVICE CENTRES ARE AUTHORISED FOR GST REGISTRATION AND OTHER RELATED SERVICES
- Jeevan Pramaan – Life Certificate for Pensioners through CSCs
- HealthCare Services
- UDID Card
- eDistrict Services
- Vahan Services
- Driving Licence Related Services
- Voter ID Card
- Government Job Registrations
- Educational Registrations
- Scholarship Registration
- Ration Card Services
- Marriage Registration
- Aadhaar Updation
- Aadhaar Enrollment
- INCOME TAX
- Banking and Money Transfer
- Ticket Services
- Recharge and Bill Payments
- Pancard Services
- BAR CODE
- BIS Registration
- Government Registration
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE
- DRIVING LICENCE
- Trademark Registration
- MSME Registration
- FSSAI (Foscos) Registrations
- Passport Registration
- GST Services