Aadhaar Enrollment in India
Aadhaar Enrollment in India:
Aadhaar Card Overview
|Issuing Authority||UIDAI, Govt. Of India|
|Function||Offline/ Online Identity verification|
Aadhaar is a unique identification number that are issued to the citizens of India by obtaining the biometric (fingerprint, iris scan) and demographic details (address, etc). AAadhaar card serves as a proof of residence not a proof of citizenship. Unique Identification Authority of India, under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India carryout the affairs regarding Aadhaar card.
Any resident of India, irrespective of age and gender, may voluntarily enrol to obtain Aadhaar card.
Forms of Aadhaar
Letter: The card is in the form of a laminated piece of paper, which has all the necessary details printed on it.
eAadhaar: It is a copy of the Aadhaar card that can be downloaded from the official site as a PDF file.
mAadhaar: An Application released by the UIDAI to provide Aadhaar services instantly and the app also provides a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder to carry their Aadhaar information as soft copy.
PVC Card: The latest form of Aadhaar which is made out of PVC. It has multiple security features, digitally signed QR code, etc.
What is masked Aadhaar ?
Masked Aadhaar is a form of Aadhaar in which, only the last 4 digits are visible and the remaining are replaced/ hidden. This form of Aadhaar is used in places just to verify the identity.
- Proof of Identity (POI); documents comprising Name and Photograph
- Proof of Address (POA); documents comprising Name and Address
- Proof of Relationship (POR); documents comprising Name of applicant and Name of Family Head (Hof)
- Date of Birth (DOB); documents comprising Name and Date of Birth
NOTE** certificate should be on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/update
For detailed list of documents: CLICK HERE
Steps to enrol:
- Visit the Enrolment centre,
- Fill and submit and the form along with the documents
- Provide the biometric data
- Collect Enrolment ID.
Common Service Centres (CSC) Provide Service & Support for Aadhaar Enrolment*
To Locate the nearest CSC: CLICK HERE
- Jeevan Pramaan – Life Certificate for Pensioners through CSCs
- HealthCare Services
- UDID Card
- eDistrict Services
- Vahan Services
- Driving Licence Related Services
- Voter ID Card
- Government Job Registrations
- Educational Registrations
- Scholarship Registration
- Ration Card Services
- Marriage Registration
- Aadhaar Updation
- Aadhaar Enrollment
- INCOME TAX
- Banking and Money Transfer
- Ticket Services
- Recharge and Bill Payments
- Pancard Services
- BAR CODE
- BIS Registration
- Government Registration
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE
- DRIVING LICENCE
- Trademark Registration
- MSME Registration
- FSSAI (Foscos) Registrations
- Passport Registration
- GST Services