Aadhaar Updation in India
Aadhaar Updation in India:
Common Service Centres CSCs (authorised by Central Govt.) Provide Services as Aadhaar updation/ correction.
Aadhaar is a unique identification number that are issued to the citizens of India by obtaining the biometric (fingerprint, iris scan) and demographic details (address, etc). AAadhaar card serves as a proof of residence not a proof of citizenship. Unique Identification Authority of India, under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India carryout the affairs regarding Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar Card Overview
|Name of issuing Authority
|UIDAI, Govt. Of India
|Offline/ Online Identity verification
Any resident of India, irrespective of age and gender, may voluntarily enrol to obtain Aadhaar card.
Forms of Aadhaar
Letter: The card is in the form of a laminated piece of paper, which has all the necessary details printed on it.
eAadhaar: It is a copy of the Aadhaar card that can be downloaded from the official site as a PDF file.
mAadhaar: An Application released by the UIDAI to provide Aadhaar services instantly and the app also provides a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder to carry their Aadhaar information as soft copy.
PVC Card: The latest form of Aadhaar which is made out of PVC. It has multiple security features, digitally signed QR code, etc.
What is masked Aadhaar ?
Masked Aadhaar is a form of Aadhaar in which, only the last 4 digits are visible and the remaining are replaced/ hidden. This form of Aadhaar is used in places just to verify the identity.
- Proof of Identity (POI); documents comprising Name and Photograph
- Proof of Address (POA); documents comprising Name and Address
- Proof of Relationship (POR); documents comprising Name of applicant and Name of Family Head (Hof)
- Date of Birth (DOB); documents comprising Name and Date of Birth
NOTE** certificate should be on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/update
For detailed list of documents: CLICK HERE
- Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)
Individuals can directly update/correct their Address details through the portal. Any other details updation/correction is to be done by visiting the permanent enrolment centres.
- Permanent Enrolment Centre
Permanent Enrolment Centres avail services related to aadhaar towards the public such as enrolment/updation/correction.
Application Form for Aadhaar Updation/Correction: CLICK HERE
To Locate the nearest Common Service Centre: CLICK HERE
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Select ‘My Aadhaar’ option, under ‘Aadhaar services’ section
- Select the ‘Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID’ button.
- Enter the DETAILS.
- Proceed with ‘Send OTP’ option.
- Submit the OTP received.
- The requested UID/EID number will be sent to the mobile through SMS.
- It can be used to download your e-Aadhaar copy.
For official Website: CLICK HERE
selected Common Service Centres (CSC) Provide Services & Support for Aadhaar Enrolment*
To Locate the nearest CSC: CLICK HERE
- Jeevan Pramaan – Life Certificate for Pensioners through CSCs
- HealthCare Services
- UDID Card
- eDistrict Services
- Vahan Services
- Driving Licence Related Services
- Voter ID Card
- Government Job Registrations
- Educational Registrations
- Scholarship Registration
- Ration Card Services
- Marriage Registration
- Aadhaar Updation
- Aadhaar Enrollment
- INCOME TAX
- Banking and Money Transfer
- Ticket Services
- Recharge and Bill Payments
- Pancard Services
- BAR CODE
- BIS Registration
- Government Registration
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE
- DRIVING LICENCE
- Trademark Registration
- MSME Registration
- FSSAI (Foscos) Registrations
- Passport Registration
- GST Services